Fish Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol. Broke college students are the best at this, aren't we? That's why I'm here thinking I can make this work doing this, this, and this. I can't wait to start this later on. Now that homework is all done, finally, I can spend the rest of the day playing with fish. I know which ones I want, it's just getting to the store to get them. Petco's tanks are a lot cleaner than the store down the street from it. That's where I got Energizer, and that was gross. Green algae on all of them. Everywhere.

I second Craigslist. You can usually get pretty awesome deals on there, locally, and it's not hard to do a deep clean on something if it needs it. with a little bit of hot water and vinegar. We got a 55gal set up with stand, hood, heater, filter, gravel, decorations, powerhead for $80. Definitely consider taking a look in your area. http://toledo.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=204&subAreaID=&query=fish+tank&catAbb=sss

KryptiCouple said:
I second Craigslist. You can usually get pretty awesome deals on there, locally, and it's not hard to do a deep clean on something if it needs it. with a little bit of hot water and vinegar. We got a 55gal set up with stand, hood, heater, filter, gravel, decorations, powerhead for $80. Definitely consider taking a look in your area. http://toledo.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=204&subAreaID=&query=fish+tank&catAbb=sss

Craigslist is possibly the best option. Some people might even be interested in trading. If you have something of interest to them you may get a whole setup and not have to spend a penny!

Well, Craigslist had no aquariums in my area. I got the 10 at Petco at about 13 bucks, so still not bad. Got black sand and a plant, recycled both caves and the airstone and filter. I got 4 fish. Three corys and a flame dwarf gourami. The corys are Spazzo, Dracula, and Lurch. The gourami is Torch.

Attachments

• Torch, Spazzo, Dracula, Lurch 005.jpg
    Torch, Spazzo, Dracula, Lurch 005.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Torch, Spazzo, Dracula, Lurch 011.jpg
    Torch, Spazzo, Dracula, Lurch 011.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 49
BettaGal said:
Well, Craigslist had no aquariums in my area. I got the 10 at Petco at about 13 bucks, so still not bad. Got black sand and a plant, recycled both caves and the airstone and filter. I got 4 fish. Three corys and a flame dwarf gourami. The corys are Spazzo, Dracula, and Lurch. The gourami is Torch.

Yay bigger tank! Glad you were able to upgrade cheaply. Be sure to test your water very often to make sure everything is in check and do necessary WC when needed, bigger tank + more fish you'll probably have a spike or two

Back
Top Bottom