fish coloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
so the fish in my tank all have great dark coloring.especially my giant danio i will use this fish as the example. see i have a friend who has multiple danios in his tank and all his fish them included all have a much lighter coloration. looking rather pale. i have black sand in my tank and he has regular light color sand. now the purpose of this is a question of are his fish healthy? why are they all appear pale or lighter color than mine the difference appears with his clown loahes and mine so i know its not just the danios. my hunch is that because of the lighter sand the fish try to adapt to camouflage or blend in which would also explain why my fish are darker..black sand. am i right? only reason i ask is because i want to give him my danio so it can be with a school in his tank instead of being alone in my tank and want to make sure his tank is healthy. thank you for reading
- David

Thats the reason 11 out of 12 of my tanks use black sand, this causes the fish to darker and really acsenuates the colors of fish, where as the lighter PFS lightens their colors to fade and blend away.

Back
Top Bottom