Fish for dummy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rookie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:? Hi everybody. Well, as you probably know, I killed my fish. exept for one angel fish that I took out of the tank. I did some testing on my water over the weekend. My nitrites were high. So I did a partial water change and retested last night and the nitrites are back at acceptable levels. So I put my fish back in the tank, poor thing. Anyway. Here is my stupid question. I'm told to be careful about over feeding and bringing ammonia levels back up too high. So I just put one flake in there. Is that enough? and when should I test my water again? Try not to laugh too hard. :oops: I actually tested twice yesterday. Once for everything and twice for ammonia and nitrite because I'm so paranoid now. My Kit did not come with a test for nitrate so I'm not sure about that one. Thanks.
Oh and also, I found out angel fish like to munch on those neons if they hang out close enough for too long.

Testing

O.K. Ha Ha. I figured that out. But when should I test again? Should I test everyday, three days, once a week? And what is the best kit to have? I have a tetratest kit now. I have a hard time deciding wich color it is closest to. I'm assuming if it is "in between" it must be "in between" but it is pretty darn close sometimes. Also, is just below PH 8.0 o.k. for an angel fish. The fish is looking good. It just seems to always be looking for food. So I put a little more in this morning. If all goes well this weekend I would like to add another. He looks lonely. Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this. (smarty pants)

Back
Top Bottom