Fish Stuck In Oscars Mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a similar experience with a red-tail shark and a polypterus. The red-tail was about 4-1/2 inches and the polypterus was only 8" long. I thought for sure the red-tail was too large to fit in the polypterus' mouth and they seemed like tough fish...after the first day I noticed the polypterus seemed to be hunting the red-tail and before I could set up a temporary tank all of a sudden the polypterus looked twice it's normal diameter and the red-tail was gone.

I had something like this with my old 8" Oscar. I think he tried to swallow a Cory and it was lodged in his mouth for a few days before he got it down.

The pictures Jacko posted are unreal btw! :-|

Yes, this has been an unusual but really interesting thread. My Texas Cichlid is CRAZY aggressive. When I maintain the tank or do grav vacs, I have to plunge my entire arm in so he gets the picture right away that it is NOT time to eat!!

I tell company to put their pinky in the water, they start to until he "assumes the position" then they usually say some variation of "NO WAY!! You're crazy! You put YOUR pinky in." I like it, it is a nice compliment to my mostly peaceful 55g community tank.

I can actually see his individual teeth, I've never seen any of my fishes' teeth before but I can actually see his. I call him "Killer".

Back
Top Bottom