Oscar Fish Weird Strings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish345

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,
I have had my Oscar fish for a little while (less then 2 weeks) and I noticed he has a few weird strings on him (pics attached). Firstly here is some background information, he is alone in a very well filtered (1x 300gph hob and 2x sponge filters), planted, 55 gallon tank. I have never been able to figure out why but the parameters on the tank are all out wack. As of 2 weeks ago it was fully cycled as ammonia was 0, nitrites was 0 and nitrates was around 5 but now the ammonia level is around 0.5, nitrites are 0, and nitrates are 0. Also, I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but my Val is dying and the water is cloudy and there is algae everywhere. I have to admit I have never had so much trouble with a tank before. All of my other tanks are fine. Also, a few days ago the swordtail that was in the tank with him died. I am not sure what happened to the swordtail but it might of been fin rot. Over the course of just 2 days the swordtails entire tail turned to string and I put him in a quarantine tank and dosed Melafix yet he died. I am not sure if that is related in any way. Also, due to the weird water parameters I am dosing prime every 2 days.

Attachments

• 3AF1155B-9E9D-4E51-AE89-7ED93FBA2838.jpg
    3AF1155B-9E9D-4E51-AE89-7ED93FBA2838.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom