Fish suggestions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May have been a trick of the lighting or a new color strain. IDK I just have never seen blue ones.

Is the Blue King Tetra a synthetically colored/altered fish?

If they reproduce you can just catch the fry and donate them to the fish store. Most places will take them and some lfs will give you in store credits.

I have 3 lfs's around me that will take anything you bring them if it is healthy. 2 of the stores give me credit for certain species.

What about green neon tetras? They don't have the red that regular neons and cardinals do. Also I can't remember if I suggested blue emperors or not.

I forgot about the green neons...I do like them as well. I didn't find much about the emperors, but I'll check again

Sent from my VS930 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As long as you have only males, platies breeding won't be an issue.

They won't try to kill each other off out of frustration? If not, its definitely a possibility...that is if I can find a place to ship me only males. Can't find the blues anywhere around me

May have been a trick of the lighting or a new color strain. IDK I just have never seen blue ones.

Is the Blue King Tetra a synthetically colored/altered fish?

Good question...I'm trying to avoid altered fishies:)

If they reproduce you can just catch the fry and donate them to the fish store. Most places will take them and some lfs will give you in store credits.

I'll check with my LFS...I've never seen blue platies there so maybe they would...worth asking about for sure!

Platy fry ? Stores in my area won't take them. Not even for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have platies? How fast and how many fry are we talking? I am gonna ask my LFS if they'd take them...worth a try. Best to get all the info I can before making my final decision:)

I just replaced my light over my young emperor tetras and when the light shines on them the right way the males do have a blue iridescence to them. I never noticed it before. Maybe I just didn't have the right light before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know you said no "altered" fish (which I totally agree with in regards to the tattooed or dyed fish), but what about the blue GloFish danios? They're born that way via natural reproduction from genetically engineered parent Zebra Danios. They're blue and white, stay under 2", and would do wonderfully in any tank 30"+ long.

I know you said no "altered" fish (which I totally agree with in regards to the tattooed or dyed fish), but what about the blue GloFish danios? They're born that way via natural reproduction from genetically engineered parent Zebra Danios. They're blue and white, stay under 2", and would do wonderfully in any tank 30"+ long.

I'll check into those too! Thanks! :)

They don't meet the size criteria as get to around 3" but I think German Blue and Electric Blue Rams are stunning!!!

Tropical Freshwater Aquarium Fish: Ram

I agree they are quite beautiful, but I was hoping for something only a couple dollars each in order to have more individuals. Maybe I'll do a ram tank later tho! Lol. I have many walls to fill with aquariums! ;-)

I just replaced my light over my young emperor tetras and when the light shines on them the right way the males do have a blue iridescence to them. I never noticed it before. Maybe I just didn't have the right light before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know some will appear blue with the right lighting sometimes but I'd rather stick with something that's blue in any light. They're really cool little fish tho, aren't they:)

I agree they are quite beautiful, but I was hoping for something only a couple dollars each in order to have more individuals. Maybe I'll do a ram tank later tho! Lol. I have many walls to fill with aquariums! ;-)

Yes true they are about $7 each instead of 2 or 3. Well anyway they are all beautiful fish mentioned in this thread so enjoy!!

Back
Top Bottom