fishie vitamins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missie

Aquarium Advice Freak
was just at lfs... found this pyramid thing that is supposed to put vitamins in the water for the fishies...seems like a good idea??? bought it..but i thought i would check with the experts first:):fish2:

If you feed a quality food like New Life Spectrum or something close to that level of quality then there really isn't a need to supplement vitamins for freshwater fish.

well, my fish seem to be having issues... so- i thought i would see if it could help.. i put it in... and they seem to be acting more normal..hooraY

i want to feed my fishies peas too... can someone tell me how to do that the right way?

missie said:
i want to feed my fishies peas too... can someone tell me how to do that the right way?

Just boil the peas until they get soft, once they are cold, peel and remove the "thick skin" to get just the center, which will be soft and mushy, this part, the center is what you feed to the fish..... Some fish don't like it at the beginning, sometimes mine spite it, but if they are hungry they will eat it.

I feed mine frozen peas straight from the freezer, just smash em and throw em in. They make a vitamin supplement called vitachem that you can use, but its kinda pricey. I incorporate a flake that has a vitamin boost in it.

I get a frozen pea from the freezer and put it in the microwave for 10- 20 seconds. Then pop the pea out of it's skin and smush it a bit between my fingers, then drop it in.

I dip the fish food in raw garlic juices from time to time...a good way to build up your fish's immune system...I don't trust those so-called vitamins for fish.

your fish eat frozen peas? dont they just sink to the bottom??

Yeah they sink. I smash them first to break the shell so they get into it easier. I only feed peas and green beans to my pleco and shrimp tanks. I used to nuke mine also but since we moved we haven't bothered to get a microwave so I found out that they eat them straight away.

Back
Top Bottom