Floating Turtle Dock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drayven

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm setting up a tank right now which is intended to have alot of swimming room for bottom dwellers so I'm trying to minimize how much stuff I put on the bottom of the tank. That said, I'd like to get some higher level fish to make use of the upper layers of the tank but I'd want them to have alot of cover, especially if I decided to get a puffer or something like that. I was wondering if any of you have used a floating turtle dock like this Amazon.com: Zoo Med Turtle Dock for 10 Gallon Tanks, Small: Kitchen & Dining in your tanks? What I'm thinking is that it'd sit on the top of the water offering shelter if the fish want it. I may even secure a few small plastic/silk plants to the bottom so they hang down a bit giving the fish something to swim through. I may not even use the suction cup thingies and just let it float around the surface of the tank. Any thoughts?

I think any aggressive bottom dwelling fish will eventually catch and eat the fishes hanging around the fake plants. The floating rock/plants will delay the inevitable.

What kind of bottom dweller are you trying to get exactly?

Back
Top Bottom