Floromax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a piece that ended drifting and got caught on my driftwood,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can I see a pic of what your tank looks like?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Can I use Floromax by its self as a substrate

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Yes you can. i have a 35 gallon Hex with Floramax. I also have a 55 gallon with Eco Complete. I like Eco Complete better, but the Floramax has been setup for about a year with no issues. The only gripe that I had with Floramax was the initial setup...it is very dusty and takes a couple of weeks to clear up. But once it cleared there were no issues.

Hope this helps.

Yes you can. i have a 35 gallon Hex with Floramax. I also have a 55 gallon with Eco Complete. I like Eco Complete better, but the Floramax has been setup for about a year with no issues. The only gripe that I had with Floramax was the initial setup...it is very dusty and takes a couple of weeks to clear up. But once it cleared there were no issues.

Hope this helps.

Mine is cloudy right now but it does look really good

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

LOL! Looks better than my tank did! Mine was so dirty it was muddy looking! From the looks of it, i think you will be fine.

I'm talking about different stuff apparently, mine was jet black and very large, lightweight and chunky..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm talking about different stuff apparently, mine was jet black and very large, lightweight and chunky..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428102067.381169.jpg
Here's a close up brook

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

That's the clay based stuff huh?? No Real experience there.. I've used the seachem product that bears a striking resemblance and it grew plants..

That's the clay based stuff huh?? No Real experience there.. I've used the seachem product that bears a striking resemblance and it grew plants..

Clay is usually added to help with iron and the growth of plants right???
So this stuff can't be that bad...

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

For your wants it should do far better than sand..

Your plants look pretty healthy though!!!! And very nice tank!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I mean I will give the gravel a shot and see how it turns out!!!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I hope so too!!!my senegalus polypterus seems to like it soo far

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom