Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Fluval Edge 6 Gallon Tank Heater

Looking for the best heater for a planted Fluval Edge 6 gallon tank. My plan is to have a single Betta, 6 Cardinal Tetras, a snail or two and maybe a few cherry shrimp. Am I living in a dream world? The real question regards the best heater but I am open to any and all comments.

Thanks
Eagle Driver

Old 12-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your betta doesn't attack and eat the shrimp I'd be very surprised. I use cheap heaters off Amazon and I always get good life out of them. Unless you want fancy digital heaters.

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for your input. I have a similar concern about adding cardinal tetras to a betta tank. Any thoughts on that? Regarding the heater, do any of the heaters you have been using fit into the Edge filter compartment?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

E.D.
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's hard to tell with bettas because of different temperaments. You might just have to see if he gets along with the Cardinals and be prepared to remove them if he doesn't or vis versa.

You probably won't have to use more than a 50 watt heater which are fairly small. I'd go with a submersible heater and lay it horizontally in that specific tank.

Tags
6 gallon, fluval, fluval edge, heat, heater, tank, tank heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com