Found baby mollies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valerie_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was taking my aggressive male black molly from the tank, and noticed one of my females had apparently given birth without me knowing. I can only see 2 fry though. I'm sure the others were eaten but since have removed all 3 females from the tank. Should I try to catch the fry and put them in a smaller tank or leave them? I have the 3 females in a small tank, which I am sure is too small for them, but am afraid to move them again because two are still pregnant.

I caught the 3 females and had them in a small tank overnight, placed a couple of fry traps in the 30 gal where they were to catch the babies. The 2 babies did not fall for the traps and I lost a female overnight :( so I carefully caught the babies and moved them to the small tank, but am trying to find instructions for making a container to keep them in in the 30 gal. so they will still be in the same environment they were born in..I don't want to lose them too. any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom