Frozen food recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a box of San Francisco Bay Brand "Freshwater Multi-Pack". My fish love it! The thing I like about it is that, as the name suggests, it includes 4 different kinds of food in one package. You get spirulina-enriched brine shrimp, bloodworms, "Cichlid Delight" (turkey heart and other nasties! :p ), and "Emerald Entree" (veggie mix). It's cool IMO because you spend about 4 bucks for a variety of foods, instead of having to buy 4 different packages. You get 6 cubes of each variety.

Just thought I'd share! 8)

I've used it, and my fish really love it. Thinking of getting it by the box, since I have so many fish, lol. Each sheet doesn't last long in my house, lol.

It won't last long in my tanks either, but I'm sure I'll be picking up more when I run out.

I normally buy bloodworms by the box, 2 boxes at a time for my eel. He goes through them fast, 2 cubes a night, lol. Will ask the lfs if they can get the frozen multi-packs by the box as well. Would be nice if I can get it that way.

I like the "variety pack" too-I have to mince it with a razor blade for my puny fish, especially that one with the chunks of turkey guts in it!

I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Do any of the larger stores like Petco sell it?

I think Petco does in their freezer in the fish section. I haven't tried there, but the local lfs here has it.

I like San Francisco Bay brand too - plus they pack their frozen cubes in a styrofoam box so they won't melt on the way home. :D Hikari is another excellent brand for frozen foods.

I like to keep frozen bloodworms, baby brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, carnivore mix, and veggie mix in the house. Right now my freezer contains more fish food than people food!

Back
Top Bottom