Funny betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a betta in a 20 gal long with 3 platy fry who are about an inch long now. I thought my betta would be a great tank mate....when I first saw him at petsmart he seemed to follow me with his eyes like he was calling to me, I left and came back later because of the urge of having to have him haha.
He would always follow me in his 2.5 gallon tank and he'd shy away from my finger so that's when I decided he was nice. When I first introduced him to the 20 he did flare at the babies and even chased them, he picked on the snails (pond snails) I have In the tank and was pretty shy in his new home.
Now, he swims with the baby platys! He lets them eat his food and I mean getting right next to him and sharing. He never flares or chases them or messes with the snails. He's doing so well! I was surprised.
I really thought a betta in a community would keep his space and say *bleep* you other fish but he's shown a different side :)

Does anyone else have stories about fish who turned out being awesome even though their rough/aggressive background?

That's nice to hear, not all betta's are aggressive. My last dumbo betta was an angel never bothered any of my snail's or my giant African shrimp he was so laid back. But my first betta use to have a mad half hour where he'd flare and shoot around the tank nipping all my snail's one by one! When he had finished he'd go back to doing his own thing, talk about a split personality Lol

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

That's nice to hear, not all betta's are aggressive. My last dumbo betta was an angel never bothered any of my snail's or my giant African shrimp he was so laid back. But my first betta use to have a mad half hour where he'd flare and shoot around the tank nipping all my snail's one by one! When he had finished he'd go back to doing his own thing, talk about a split personality Lol 53 gallon elephant nose tank 16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

That's great to hear :D it's my first go around with a betta with other fish and I was super nervous but I couldn't be happier now!
Did you keep your "mad betta" haha in a tank with other species besides snails? He seems like a little derp :p I love derpy fish they make things fun!

That's great to hear :D it's my first go around with a betta with other fish and I was super nervous but I couldn't be happier now!
Did you keep your "mad betta" haha in a tank with other species besides snails? He seems like a little derp :p I love derpy fish they make things fun!

I really love betta's, i miss not having one soo entertaining! When I first got my betta he happily lived in my 53 gallon till he was attacked by one of my fish, so he then got his own tank. He was one of my favourite fish so entertaining and personable :)
P.s love the pic of your dog on your avatar!

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

I have my betta in a 10 with two male platys, no aggression at all and they will occasionally all swim together. I also had him with 3 platy fry as well.

Back
Top Bottom