Future tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hb3133

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know I am looking far into the future but I am trying to plan ahead. I really enjoy the 4 Harlequin Rasbora's and would like to have input from experienced fish masters. I am currently cycling a 20 gallon tank and would love to know what fish would compliment my little buddies. Thanks!

Does anyone have any experience with the Paradise fish when it comes to community tanks?

paradise fish as in gouramis? or like... i think ive heard of them as rainbows? gouramis are like any other one

I've read that paradise fish are best kept in species only tanks as they can be quite aggressive and like bettas, you can only keep one male per tank due to fierce fighting.

I've been doing tons of research, both via the internet and library, and it looks like I have found a good combination. I would like to have a total of 5 Harlequin Rasboras, 5 Black Neon Tetras, and 3 Peppered Cory cats. Sound good?

According to my fish encyclopedia they need a 25 gallon aquarium. They grow to about 4 inches males are longer finned and more colorful. It says to keep it in pairs with floating plants, loose planting and roots. It is also very territorial, hope my info helps. :D

I suggest you add two more cories to the bunch. They really do best in numbers and although a trio is fine, I know they'd prefer more.

Would 5 Harelquin Rasboras, 5 Black Neon Tetras and 5 Peppered Cory Cats be too much in a 20 gallon tank?

I say you are stocked pretty good right now. I would not add any more fish except maybe an apple snail for algae control.

Back
Top Bottom