GBR with Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Dwarf Gourami named Fred. I got him after Ick killed off 60% of my stock in my 20 high, including my GBR. He still is my favorite fish to this day. So much personality, always came to the glass to great. Fred does the same. So my LFS has some great looking GBR's, all males. Would they be ok together?

20H

1- Fred
3- Bloodfin Tetras
1- Swordtail
1- Kuhli Loach (getting more of these with my next purchase)

Fred does get aggressive towards the Tetras because they mess with him, swimming by fast and around him in circles. He actually let my swordtail come as close as he wants and doesn't show aggression. I just know GBR's are semi-aggressive and Gourami's can be pretty nasty sometimes.

Not mentioned in the OP.

I have a neatly stacked rocky areas in the tank with plants all around them. So I would say it's light to medium planted. More towards medium.

Sorry I don't know how to answer your question. Could I ask you what your pH is? I would love some German Rams but my pH is 7.5... I have read they prefer lower, around 6.5 tops. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They do like softer water but should be ok with 7 which is where mine constantly stays

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A safe ph for GBR's is anyways from the high 5s to the high 6s but no more than 7

A safe ph for GBR's is anyways from the high 5s to the high 6s but no more than 7

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. So I can't have them, thanks guys.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom