Dwarf Gourami is floating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weewormie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
He seemed to be doing the best he’s ever been, but this morning I found him laying on the ground not moving at all. :(
I gently scooped him up with the net and put him in my 10gal which houses my snails & guppy fry. Since then he’s been floating at the top hardly moving as well as breathing quickly.

I can only think that the gouramis may have bullied him because he did occasionally nip at them.
If any other info is needed I can provide.
I’d hate to lose him, he’s a really awesome fish.

29gal:
5 neon tetras
4 guppies
1 Silver Lyre-tail molly
1 blue gourami (new)
1 gold gourami (new)
1 powder blue dwarf gourami

Tank parameters:
pH- 7.0
Ammonia- 0
Nitrites- 0
Nitrates- 5.0

I apologize I didn’t read the “read before posting” as I didn’t see it.
My male Dwarf Gourami, he seems to be a bit bloated and is not swimming. He is also breathing rapidly.

The tank has been set up for ~4 months, and I’m using a Topfin silent stream 30. I’m not sure of the gph.

There are 13 other fish in the tank;
5 neon tetras- all are 1in./>1in.
1 Albino pleco - 2.5in.
1 female blue gourami - 3.25in.
1 male gold gourami - 3in.
1 male silver molly - 2in.
3 female fancy guppies- 1.5in.
1 male fancy guppy - 1.25in.
1 Dwarf gourami - 3in.

I last did a water change 7 days ago, I removed 35% and vacuumed the substrate. I do weekly water changes and vacuum bi-weekly.

I’ve had a majority of the fish for 3-4months. The 2 gouramis were added 6 days ago.

I’ve added a new plastic plant in the past 2 days, it’s the only fake plant in there.

I feed them a combination of frozen foods, micro pellets, algae wafers, and micro wafers. The micro wafers are a new addition.

Back
Top Bottom