Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Getting a new 32 gallon tank!

Hi people,

I m getting a 32 gal tank in a bout 2 weeks, but before i buy it, i want to be sure of what am im going to put in. I dont really want to put in SW or liverock and/ or live plants. i think it s too complicated. Fish are my passion, i love them! I really want to get another tank for my bar, but i don t know what fish to put in. In my first tank i have 4 goldfish, 1 pleko and 3 snails. in my other tank i have an otto, a few plattys and guppys. so far, i ve taken good care of them, and they are healthy. But for the 3rd tank, this is a dilemma. I thought of mollys but i could put them in my 2nd tank. Is there any type of angelfish who can live in fresh heated water? Or any other fish that look good in a bar.

Thanks in advance guyz for your good advices(as usual) and have a great holidays!
(if i made any mistakes, Excuse my english, im hispanic and french canadian )

Old 12-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Angelfish? in a 32 gal I think you could have a few, they can get fairly large. They do limit what else you can have though if I recall correctly-- they'll eat what they can get their mouths around (small tetras are a no-go).

I'm assuming you're planning on cycling the tank without fish and have a testing kit etc.

What else would you be interested in?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

yes i want to cycle the tank and everything. Well i want pretty much anything, exept what i already have. One fish that i m for sure putting in is an otocinclus i love them and they do sch great job for keepinfg the tank clean. but the other ones, i don t know, pretty much anything as i said
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Otos are schooling fish, so plan for at least 3, but I'm not sure if they're OK with angels-- might become munchies.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you raise the angels from a small little fish into an adult and always have them with then ottos i think you'd be fine. i know alot of people that have raised angels with neons and have had no trouble keeping them together. just my 2 cent
Old 12-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Chapin? Guatamalan?

A 32 gallon could be a very fun little tank for a pair of kribs--they would let you have some surface dweller schoolers like zebra danios, white clouds, or the like, and you might get away with a trio of mollies, too.

Tags
2 gallon, advice, new tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com