Getting a new 32 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chapin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi people,

I m getting a 32 gal tank in a bout 2 weeks, but before i buy it, i want to be sure of what am im going to put in. I dont really want to put in SW or liverock and/ or live plants. i think it s too complicated. Fish are my passion, i love them! I really want to get another tank for my bar, but i don t know what fish to put in. In my first tank i have 4 goldfish, 1 pleko and 3 snails. in my other tank i have an otto, a few plattys and guppys. so far, i ve taken good care of them, and they are healthy. But for the 3rd tank, this is a dilemma. I thought of mollys but i could put them in my 2nd tank. Is there any type of angelfish who can live in fresh heated water? Or any other fish that look good in a bar.

Thanks in advance guyz for your good advices(as usual) and have a great holidays!
(if i made any mistakes, Excuse my english, im hispanic and french canadian ;))

Angelfish? in a 32 gal I think you could have a few, they can get fairly large. They do limit what else you can have though if I recall correctly-- they'll eat what they can get their mouths around (small tetras are a no-go).

I'm assuming you're planning on cycling the tank without fish and have a testing kit etc.

What else would you be interested in?

yes i want to cycle the tank and everything. Well i want pretty much anything, exept what i already have. One fish that i m for sure putting in is an otocinclus i love them and they do sch great job for keepinfg the tank clean. but the other ones, i don t know, pretty much anything as i said

Otos are schooling fish, so plan for at least 3, but I'm not sure if they're OK with angels-- might become munchies.

If you raise the angels from a small little fish into an adult and always have them with then ottos i think you'd be fine. i know alot of people that have raised angels with neons and have had no trouble keeping them together. just my 2 cent

Chapin? Guatamalan?

A 32 gallon could be a very fun little tank for a pair of kribs--they would let you have some surface dweller schoolers like zebra danios, white clouds, or the like, and you might get away with a trio of mollies, too.

Back
Top Bottom