GIANT PLECO"S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
this is no understatement, i was at the LFS yesterday and i saw the two biggest pleco's I've ever seen, it was s uch a shock to see some so big that it actually startled me a bit lol they guy said they were raised in a 500 gallon tank and became to much to take care of so they were brought there to be sold. The mouth on these guys were as big as round as the the top of a pop can and the whole head was as big as large box turtle, they had to be well over 18 inches long, they had them in a display tank of 265 gallons and it was truely an expereince to watch these guys at work. I thought the pleco i had years ago was huge but this was outrageous lol oh eyah there 90 bucksa pop lol

Holy crap. My lfs has 2 plecos about 14" big. They are selling for 25 bux because they can't get rid of them at the higher prices. Not that many people have tanks to suit them.

tell me about it lol i thought there price wasa bit outrageous, plus i can't imagine how you would transport something that big, i guess you would have to use one of those styrofoam containers they get shipped in

They can break a styrofoam container.

Mine is 13.5" now (pic is in Jchillin's profile on gibbiceps) and He'll top out at about 18".. He's about 5 Years old now.

Ive got one that is about 12' (some great pics in My Gallery)
I got him from some kid who had him in a 55gal with an 11" pleco..I took both and found a home for one...mine currently is in 125gal tank

Thanks...the pleco is easy to photograph...he just sits there..
(try to get a pic of a giant danio)

The way I set up my tank was an attempt to "Oscarproof" the tank...I can have plants in the pots and they dont get dug up every day.
And the lg pot serves as a "cave" for a large fish.

Rocket2001 said:
Thanks...the pleco is easy to photograph...he just sits there..
(try to get a pic of a giant danio)

Speak of the devil! I keep Giants with a Pleco...

I've got a few OK pictures of them in my gallery.

Back
Top Bottom