GLOFISH BARBS or Glo Tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do I get?

• Glo tiger Barb (Albino barb)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Glo Tetra (white skirt tetra)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have 7 glo danios, and would like to add either the the glo tetra (white skirt) or the Glo Barb (which is the albino tiger barb). Does anyone have experience with danios and white skirts? I noticed the danios have a lot of energy and I was hoping for something to chase them. The largest one that I have actually killed the smaller glo fish of the same color. I really like the tank, the only thing in there would be danios and the other fish. Help me decide. I am worried that the current danios I have will fin nip. I figure the Barbs will give that danios a run for their money! I also learned how to sex them. Its only I guess but I seemed to have figured it out.

Attachments

• globarb.jpg
    globarb.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Electric Green Glo Tetra.jpg
    Electric Green Glo Tetra.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 5,180
They er aren't dyed or tattooed. They are genetically altered like the original Danios.

I'd vote none of the above, but that is just because I find the natural coloration of fish more beautiful. Hard to improve on 1000s of years of natural selection.

I am mainly asking which two would be best. Will Danios harass the Tetras? OR would it be better to have them chase each other silly? Barbs VS. Danios?
Not one vote?
You can see pictures of the tank in my album. Its a glow tank, florescent plants, fish, black sand it looks really cool. and design and picked by my husband. I just need to know about personal experience as far as temper and fin nipping. I know barbs nip, but would danios nip tetras?

I used to have a small school of four glo danios, which was a bad idea as one male corralled and harassed the two females, and made life a living hell for the other male. If you go with them they HAVE to be in a school of 6 or more, as they need to spread out any aggression so as to avoid any one fish being stressed to death (like what happened to mine). I had them in a tank with a male veil tail betta, and not once did they ever show any interest in him, nor have I ever seen them nip or harass any other fish they had been with. I commonly see them with other types of glo fish with little issues. They were fun to have and are CONSTANTLY moving, and their different colors gave the whole tank a new sort of movement and dynamic. They were loads of fun! My vote would be the danios, as they don't get very big and aren't as aggressive as barbs, from my own experience. :)

Oops, I forgot to actually answer the question you posed!!! I would go with tetras, their different shape and temperament might give you more visual interest

Thanks tippy! I was thinking them too. I really like the barbs, but I have no experience with them. I do have tetra experience those guys are hardy!

Back
Top Bottom