glofish tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
has anybody seen these things its a neon green blackskirt tetra and they look freaking awesome I want some so back but the store is selling them for 8 bucks a piece and then I wouldn't be able to move my betta into the tank. it makes me little sad

blizowman1 said:
has anybody seen these things its a neon green blackskirt tetra and they look freaking awesome I want some so back but the store is selling them for 8 bucks a piece and then I wouldn't be able to move my betta into the tank. it makes me little sad

Yeah they are actually a genetically modified zebra danio they were designed to detect pollution in freshwater then caught the eye of fish keepers I believe they are the only fish with a patent

no I've seen those im talking about the ones that are neon green blackskirt tetras look up the glofish.com site and it has a picture of them and there the size of like a quarter ir half dollar

img_1789640_0_3e385a016117822bb19eb2ce8a070b15.jpg

here's a pic of them

Yeah my LFS just got them in too! Are we talking about the same store? Aquarium center in NJ???

I want some to put in my 5yr olds tank but she's got a betta in a 1.5g that we was gonna put in her new 29g. and they look cost like 7.99 in my town.
How much are they in Nashville sharkbait

Just a heads up.. I tried these out a while ago and they never lasted. Cycled tank e everything was fine they would just drop dead no reason. Dug a little and realized most places that sell these do not care about interbreeding they just want to satisfy the trend. I would do some research and not buy from
Petsmart or petco. I lost about $50 on fish over a few months.

If you do decide to get one from petsmart or petco or whatever get one at a time! They need perfect conditions and are generally not hardy like regular danios

blizowman1 said:
I want some to put in my 5yr olds tank but she's got a betta in a 1.5g that we was gonna put in her new 29g. and they look cost like 7.99 in my town.
How much are they in Nashville sharkbait

Same 8 bucks a pop.

I just saw them at petco today for the first time. Pretty sure they get 7.99 to.

do you think these are hardy enough to cycle a tank with cause I would hate yo kill off that much money in a uncycled tank

I saw this thread a couple days ago, and when I went to my LFS today they had them. They really are stunning fish, but I don't really want any for my tank. I like more natural looking fish. But they really put off a glow!

do you think these fish are hardy enough to cycle a tank with I tried some neons and have lost a couple and where I live I can't get pure ammonia

I doubt it. Neons are sensitive fish, so its not surprising that you have lost some. And judging from what I've heard about the glofish danios being sensitive and/or unhealthy, I would guess the glofish tetras may be similar. Regular danios are supposed to be very hardy fish for cycling if that helps you.

Back
Top Bottom