GM Fishies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never seen these fish, though I did see the red Glo-Fish at my lfs and they did not impress me with much glowing.
My experience exactly. I said so to the LFS owner. Thats when I got the story about needing slightly poluted water to bring out the color. I passed on them.

and yes TG, DO NOT go to bonsai kitty. I am likely to be disturbed by what I saw and read for a long time. And I don't really like cats, but to do what they are proposing..... what is wrong with people!

Just to take a whole lot of worry off your minds!
Bonsai Kitten is fake...... :eek:
The images are photoshopped and they don't have any pictures of the final kitten after being in a jar. They also don't have any contact information for people to buy the kittens or products, so how can it be real? :? Duh silly me for believing :oops:

If you don't believe check this out!
http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-bonsai.html

Just to take a whole lot of worry off your minds!
Bonsai Kitten is fake......
Thank god! I thought the fact that there were no final photos was odd, and I really wanted to beleive it was fake. Of course, the fact that someone thinks its funny still means that there are some sick people out there. Ah, but I can at least sleep tonight now that you have exposed it as fruad. Kudos to you!

I just thought that they kept the cats in there to die or something. It is still gross and I can still see the images in my mind.

A little off topic but:
10 Gal QT-1, AKA "The Slammer" - pearl white angel - doing time for 3 counts of Murder, 1st degree, and one count of assualt with intent to kill.

That's pretty funny! :lol:

qwertie said:
I didnt mean to start a debate into whether it is right or not to have GM fish or anything G M i was just wondering if anyone had any of them? IMO it is ok because the animal dosent suffer and jellyfish glow (where they got the DNA from) so if theyre going to be looked after it is ok, if someone discovered an animal that cant get cancer and thought that they could geneticly modify humans so they dont get cancer would that be wrong??? some say it would but I don't, I wonder if they have experienced what cancer is like, or what it is like to have cancer in someone close to them?? doubt it, I havent and I dont want to,
Any way back to the subject please, Ive already had 2 posts blocked please dont make this the 3rd

For the record I wasn't attempting to debate or attack you - I was simply stating my personal opinion of what was posted. BTW, to compare this to cancer research is ridiculous -- the sole purpose of this is for astethetics. To each their own -- I happen to feel that modifying animals for our own enjoyment or personal preferences is not something I would support by contributing by purchasing such fish. What you prefer is just that - what you prefer. I don't see that anything I said was nasty........just a statement of opinion......???

Fair enough, I was just questioning you about full on anti GM, which you are not being. ill do some research and see if the glofish are mis treated.

what about selectivley breeeding?? thats modifying animals for our own enjoyment, the animals are often inbred so if you have fish (fresh water especially) they have been altered in a way that they would not be the wild, because normaly they wouldnt breed with theyre sisters, i know its not to the same extent as jellyfish to a fish, but it is still the same thing - altering genetics for enjoyment.

back to the subject on GM fishies please- i really dont want this to be axed because i really want to know what the Glofish are like.

thats what they're called? is there like a certain family that they're in?

because i really want like 3-4 of those guys

and do they only glow in the moon light?

yep theyre caled Glofish Rudy, ill find out where you can get them, i really want some, but stupid british law is stupid and wont allow them, maybe they will allow them if they are imported from a different country???? I dont know, I hate Britains GM laws!!!

Ive found out that they might be coming to Britain soon!!!! theres going to be a reforendom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well that says they need a black light.. anything white under a black light will glow though..

Rach101 said:
well that says they need a black light.. anything white under a black light will glow though..

From what I've read, they do not have any natural bioluminescence. They simply glow very brightly in the blacklight. Apparently they were originally designed (as somone has already mentioned) to detect contaminants in the water.

We are hopeful that with enough complaints filed with the FBI, stressing the influence it may have on cases of actual cruelty, it will be removed permanently.

Or, people could just NOT go to the offensive site if it's something that's likely to offend them...

I wish there were 2 big islands on this planet - one for Judgers and one for Perceivers.

so, are Moon Lights pretty much Black lights?

and since they only glow under a black light are they albinos?

Is anyone here going to get any- it looks like rudy wants to, I dunno anything about different lights lol- sorry

Back
Top Bottom