GM Fishies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not see a problem with having glowing fish in an aquarium. No body that I know has any of them, but I wonder what the other fish think when they see a glowing fish coming at them! :silly:

I have a moonlight on my tank and it looks like a black light. For a moonlight light set, it is very expensive. We just have on of those teeny tiny ones that was like $12. BUt to get a full hood light set it was $500 for our tank (saving up for it) from Big Als.

No, they do not glow white, nor are they albino. They are like reddish zebra danios. They look like perfectly nice fish, but they are rather expensive, and lately I have not seen them at the LFS.

they do glow, they have jellyfish DNA injected into them (www.glofish.com) isnt true, it dosent have the same facts as loads of other sites that say they do glow and they have jellyfish DNA in them, and if they dont glow how do they do what they are doing on the first page of this post?? they look pretty glowing to me.

They do glow, I just meant they don't glow white like your t-shirt does under black light.

The fish I have seen do not look anything like the fish in the pic on the first page. I think there are different fish that have more of a fluorescent green/yellow thing going on, and they are unlike what is marketed as "Glo-Fish" that are more red, which is what I have seen.

What I find interesting is that nobody has responded who actually owns any GM fish. I know there are some people somewhere who do, but I, like you, was hoping to hear some first-hand reports about them. Did I miss a post somewhere in these 5 pages? :|

nope, ive not read any one talking about them, theres thousands of people signed up, someone on this forum has got to have them

the number 1 hit for most of the search engines is.... education.guardian.co.uk/higher/news/story/0,9830,978391,00.html
yey (sory if I didn't include your favourite search engine)

Back
Top Bottom