going out if town need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hylywytt

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im going out of town for a week and have a auto feeder shiukd I leave the light on or off all week ....and one of my fish has been hanging out between the back if the tank and the heater why is this and its still eating

Don't use an automatic feeder, it destroys water quality. If you will only be out of town for a week your fish should be fine. Just feed them the normal amount (NOTHING EXTRA!) before you leave. Also adjust your water temperature before you depart based on what the weather will be like while you are gone ( you don't want to have your heater off and have the temperature drop to freezing.)

Leave your lights off to save energy unless you have plants in your tank.

Can you not load automatic feeders to the amounts you want? Even so, saying that auto feeders foul water without knowing what feeder, what size tank and what fish he needs to feed over the week isnt logical.

Keep your light off if you dont have a timer, open a curtain if you have plants, do a nice water change before you go and start off your auto feeder. Youll be fine.

Im going out of town for a week and have a auto feeder shiukd I leave the light on or off all week ....and one of my fish has been hanging out between the back if the tank and the heater why is this and its still eating

How long has your tank been set up? If it isnt cycled or only been up afew weeks you may actually have a big problem. This could also be the cause of why your fish is hiding.

Pretty much what every1 is saying. Do a water the day of or the day b4 u leave turn the lights off set up feeder and ull be alright.
make sure the feeder is set up correctly. When I first got mine it took a week to fine tune how much food to drop.

Back
Top Bottom