Golden Killi and Paradise fish compatible tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemy129

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys its been a long time and i've learned alot since you last saw me show my face around here. Seems like the more I learn to improve the more difficult and complicated this hobby becomes...but anyway. I have acquired a 29 gallon from a store and will promoting and swapping alot of my existing fish into larger tanks(i have a 12 gallon and two 6 gallon tanks.)

But anyway on to the question, i have a golden wonder killi and a paradise fish in seperate tanks and they are the two fish with the most attitude and need the most space. I always thought semi-aggressive fish were compatible with other semi- aggressive fish. So would these two fish be ok together in the 29 gallon? i know they wont be buddy buddy but will it be ok? It just helps me out a lot to get these two in the same tank cause they are really limiting my options in my tankmate choices in two tanks and it will allow me to have a semi aggresive tank. The killi has already devastated half a school of white clouds in the past and the larger Paradise isn't as bad as he only seems to bully other fish out of his space/way. The only other planed tank mates are a small school of rummy noses that have been ignored by the killi for over a year now.

Thank for your time and support. - Alch

P.S. i know the Paradise is in too small a tank right now but it's situation being corrected is the purpose of my post. It was planed on being a temporary home and it will be (i've had him a week).

well ok i guess i'll give it a try, if anything I shouldn't have any trouble taking the killie fish back. Are these forums almost dead now/....i haven't been around in a while, wheres the new place to go for information?

It may work....but I have found killies to sometimes be fin nippers. You might want to keep a close eye on things and if that's the case, separate them again.

Back
Top Bottom