Goldfish, I hate goldfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starfrog32

Aquarium Advice Newbie
By the time anyone could post a reply, all actions will be taken. I went to feed our fish (see profile for list) and then did a quick fish head count to make sure everyone was there. Well, I noticed only 2 of 4 neon tets which wasn't a big deal, because sometimes, though it's rare, fish will hide in the castle. Then I noticed that the goldfish (no, I didn't put it there) had something in his mouth, that looked strangly like a tet fin. I netted him and looked in his mouth but didn't see anything. I moved the castle and no tets came out, but I counted the general population again, and this time saw 3 tets. I looked closer and wished I hadn't. Our total fish death toll is now four.

I read that goldfish can survive in non-oxy'ed water and will put him in a divided tank with a betta on the other side. I don't really care, as I DIDN'T BUY HIM! I know it sounds cruel, but I won't put him back in the big tank, because I don't want to lose anymore. Any advise you could give would be helpful. :cry:

Easy, take him back to the lfs, either trade for something or just give him to them.

He just did what comes natural, don't be a playa' hata! :mrgreen:

Don't you just wish you could take them out of the tank for a good spanking every now and again?!?! My African Dwarf Frogs are like that, they get tiffy, especially at feeding time. I would take the goldie back to a fish store... some will trade you for something else, some won't give you anything but the knowledge that it'll go to a more appropriate home. He only did what's natural :(

Right now, he's in a divided tank, and I really am campaining for his own big tank, where he could be with at least another goldfish. And he was bought several months ago, from Walmart, I belive and I really have no problem with him being around, just not in our tropical tank.

Back
Top Bottom