Good 40gal filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have a HOB tetra 30/60, I don't think its that good of a filter. I'm looking to upgrade soon, the best filter for a good price of course. Any suggestions?

HairlessPotter said:
Right now I have a HOB tetra 30/60, I don't think its that good of a filter. I'm looking to upgrade soon, the best filter for a good price of course. Any suggestions?

AquaClear is the best HOB IMO.

Aquaclears are great. They are very customizable and keep my water very clear(hence the name.)

Why not just grab a Aquaclear 50? you can adjust flow to them and you can throw what ever type of media you want in the catch tray!! And they are hardy filters had mine for about a year and is running great only problem is my impeller had stopped once i guess due to the sand and it getting too dirty? all i did was remove the filter removed impeller and cleaned it with a q-tip and i could actually see the diffrence in cleaning power has worked great at keeping my bio-load to a minimum

RaptorBro said:
Why not just grab a Aquaclear 50? you can adjust flow to them and you can throw what ever type of media you want in the catch tray!! And they are hardy filters had mine for about a year and is running great only problem is my impeller had stopped once i guess due to the sand and it getting too dirty? all i did was remove the filter removed impeller and cleaned it with a q-tip and i could actually see the diffrence in cleaning power has worked great at keeping my bio-load to a minimum

That's probably what I'll do. How much would one cost?

HairlessPotter said:
Aren't fluval canister filters? I know nothing about them haha

Fluval makes some HOB filters. They're just basically AquaClears. The only difference is the name.

This was my 500th post!! I'm so happy!

George9 said:
Fluval makes some HOB filters. They're just basically AquaClears. The only difference is the name.

This was my 500th post!! I'm so happy!

Oh gotcha
And congratulations!

IMO marine land makes a good filter too and they seem a little quieter than aqua clear but they r both good I have one of each on two of my tanks. For one I really like the bio wheel on the marine land penguin. :)

Back
Top Bottom