Grade A Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abw0004

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Where can you guy genetically pure neon tetras? I am tired of getting unhealthy tetras that are messed up and don't live long. All of the other fish I have I have found Class N, Grade A stuff for. Thank you!

Wetspot out of Oregon might have wild-caught neons... I haven't purchased from them personally, but I hear they are great for high-quality fish!

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?

I am not looking for wild caught really. I just don't want inbred, or hormone injected fish like at Petco/Petsmart. They are riddled with parasites like Ich. I will look into Wetspot though. I saw they provide for LFS so I will look into who they are selling to.

Wetspot out of Oregon might have wild-caught neons... I haven't purchased from them personally, but I hear they are great for high-quality fish!

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?

Wetspot is my absolute favorite fish store! I live only about 3 hours from it, so I make regular visits. I'm going there the weekend of the 12 to get some multis shell dwellers. Not sure if they have wild neons, but they do have very nice fish. Nearly every fish I own is from wetspot. Never had problems with sick fish. Give em a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beware if you just type "wetspot" in google and click Enter, you might get some sweat spots instead.

My Petsmart Neons are doing great. I have 14 in my 55g. My last batch of Petsmart Neons lived 4-5years.
If your tank has Ich, you need to make sure they are gone before you add new fish.

QT new fish in a holding tank if you are having issues.

Every store is different, even LFS can have Ich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom