Gravel Cleaner recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, just a bucket to catch the water LOL Turn your filters off too when you're changing water then turn them back on after you refill.

Thanks, is there anything specific needed when doing it? Such as reducing water in tank ?

I have the same one as librarygirl for my smaller tanks & a larger one as a back up should my Python water changer completely die on me for my 46g. You don't reduce the water before using it, It sucks out the water for you. The only bad thing is it has a "screen" in the intake tube so if you have a lot of plant debris it'll clog some & you'll have to knock that out into your used water bucket during your cleaning.

I have the same one as librarygirl for my smaller tanks & a larger one as a back up should my Python water changer completely die on me for my 46g. You don't reduce the water before using it, It sucks out the water for you. The only bad thing is it has a "screen" in the intake tube so if you have a lot of plant debris it'll clog some & you'll have to knock that out into your used water bucket during your cleaning.

I assume with the python or Aqueon you can use these to clean gravel also?

I assume with the python or Aqueon you can use these to clean gravel also?

Yep, you just have to get faucet flow correct to get the suction the way you like. I bought a Python as soon as I set up the 46g tank so I only had to lug buckets a couple of times for it.

Back
Top Bottom