GREAT News! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
A lot of you know, I had a Betta in a one gallon tank... everyone said that I need a five gallon or larger for it... so I listened! (finally) I decided to try putting him in my ten gallon community tank. I didn't think it would work, because I have some guppies in there, and bettas are known to be a little mean to long tailed fish.
Well I just put him in an hour ago, but he has not shown any aggression at all! I will be watching him for the next few hours to make sure he will behave. He is beautiful. When I first put him in, he was not liking how much flow was in the tank, because I have and aquaclear 30 power filter. Well he got used to it a few mintes later, and his true personality is starting to be revealed. :) I will post some pictures soon.

That's awesome! In glad it worked out for you! Let's just say my Betta isn't a huge fan of other fish lol!

Here he is. Sorry I couldn't get a better pic. I am trying to get some pictures of his new tankmates... all my fish hate the camera. Lol

maxwellag said:
Here he is. Sorry I couldn't get a better pic. I am trying to get some pictures of his new tankmates... all my fish hate the camera. Lol

Beautiful Betta! :)

redsea said:
Beautiful Betta! :)

Thanks. My brother picked it out... he chose wisely! (I mean he chose a beatufiul fish that potentially was a threat to others, but the one he chose was actually pretty peaceful.) :)

maxwellag said:
Thanks. My brother picked it out... he chose wisely! (I mean he chose a beatufiul fish that potentially was a threat to others, but the one he chose was actually pretty peaceful.) :)

You're lucky! I tried to put my betta in my 20g with endlers and platys and he kept flaring at 'em all do I had to move him.

redsea said:
Beautiful tankmates too! your lucky! My Betta hated my Platys.......

Lol. Thanks again... the betta seems kind of lazy. Lol he likes to stay at the surface in corners. Silly!

Aces11 said:
You're lucky! I tried to put my betta in my 20g with endlers and platys and he kept flaring at 'em all do I had to move him.

My betta flares at me. But not his tankmates. He is afraid of the camera. When I first tried to get a picture of him, he darted across the tank!

I just got a Berta and put it in my ten gallon.I saw no aggression at all either they are so muchcooler when they have room to swim

maxwellag said:
Zebra nerite. I have two of them in there. They do an awesome job at eating algae.

Cool. I don't know a whole lot of about snails. Do they have a large bioload? Sorry to get off topic.

Cool. I don't know a whole lot of about snails. Do they have a large bioload? Sorry to get off topic.
no, nerites dont have a very large bio load at all... they are very small, and the largest i have seen was an inch long. its fine, i dont mind being off topic

Back
Top Bottom