Heater for 2.5g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it okay to heat a 2.5g acrylic Mini Bow with a heater made for 5-10g?

My guess is that this would be a 15W heater without adjustment. If this is the case, the heater should self regulate to the temperature as stated on the packaging. You shouldn't have any worries about how quickly the water obtains this temperature as your temperature should not be off much to begin with.

It is generally advisable to have a heater that is able to heat more than the capacity of your tank as the inverse wouldn't be desirable.

Good buy, happy that you care enough for your fish to provide them with the right environment!

I think its 100watt...
Its a marineland dual temp 5-20g
Acrylic tank

Although a 100w heater will work in a 2.5g tank, it surely must take up a lot of room? I have a 75w heater in my 19g and it has no problem keeping the water at up to temp.

If you ever want more room in that tank, a 10w would suffice

Just go to walmart and get one of those $13 tetra heaters. its 50 watts I believe and I have one in my 5.5g and im going to get one for my 2.6 as well.. it automaticly puts the temp at 78f and I haven't had any issues with it.. its really accurate

I live in Canada. The supplies are generally cheaper in the US

Back
Top Bottom