heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 55 gallon tank with one heater and this morning I noticed my temp dropped from 78 to 72 over night, should I invest in another heater and have two running?

So I have a 55 gallon tank with one heater and this morning I noticed my temp dropped from 78 to 72 over night, should I invest in another heater and have two running?

What size heater are you using? Brand? Also what are you gauging your temp with? Digital or a glass thermometer?

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to have 2 heaters, one on each side. In the event one should malfunction you know you have a back up running. Also with 2 heaters running you'll get a more consistent temp and your heaters won't have to work so hard AND... The heat would be more evenly distributed.

One more thing... Did your house get really cold over night? Heat is on right? I see my tank temp actually rise due to the fact that my wife is ALWAYS cold and the heat is blasting at like 74-76!!!

I have a window open right now and it's snowing lol. Tank temp is 77.8 lol

Not positive on the heater type it car with the starter kit but I did have a fan going last night but the temp didn't go up all day but the heater seems to be on, ill have to buy a new on on Monday and have two going

Back
Top Bottom