HELP! 135 Gal sprung a leak! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TN Tanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, the puddle in the floor should have been an indication huh? My 135 gal looses 5-10 gal a day to my floor. I really do not have a ton of fish in it, nicest thing is my blue lobster. Is their any way to find / fix the leak without a total drain?

dry the outside of the tank off completely with a towel and inspect the outside for a leak. You will find the leaking area. If it seems to be coming from the top somewhere then lower the water level until the leak stops and then inspect the seal.

Keep toweling and inspecting and let us know what ye findeth...

My girlfriend's 75 gallon recently leaked right out the bottom seal of the tank. What a mess. Luckily it was made by All Glass Aquariums and the store we purchased it from gave us a new one without a problem since it was still under warranty. Hopefully yours isn't leaking from the bottom seal. As long as you can get the water level below the leak you can buy aquarium silicone from (I hate to say it) Walmart, for $5 a tube. Seal up the leak and let it sit over night. Don't use any silicone not meant for aquarium use as I've heard of some containing ammonia. And also don't forget that if you have to bring the water level to below the filter intake, you'll have to provide aeration to keep the water oxygenated. Hope I've helped.

I think it has to be from the bottem seal, I have gone all around the edges and have found no water. :( Petsmart will replace it, but getting a 135 gal anywhere is not a fun task.

Back
Top Bottom