Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My new gourami is dying I think. This morning after I got him he was swimming all over the place. When I got home he is just laying there. What do I do? Is this normal

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110823_210549.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110823_210549.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 74
Ryan_waite said:
My new gourami is dying I think. This morning after I got him he was swimming all over the place. When I got home he is just laying there. What do I do? Is this normal

Like darting all over like crazy? If so it could be internal parasites

No just swimming like normal. Checking out his new home just swimming like normal.....now just laying....flicking his tail every so often

What are the levels of ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? Most gouramis are exceptionally sensitive to excessive levels of these and could harm them.

Then again, this could be considered "normal". DGs are total psychos, this could be considered its normal behavior, depending on what it's like. I have a gold honey DG just like that, and then she suddenly stops and sits still. I'm not sure what's wrong with her, she just seems really shy...

Yeah if he's swimming normal and eating... I would just watch him close. He's probably just resting :)

So you think his crazy is normal then?

I have no idea.

For all I know:
His crazy could be your normal.
His normal could be your crazy.
His crazy could be your crazy.
His normal could be your normal.
His normal could be your crazy could be his death.
His crazy could be his normal could be his health.

Confused yet? :D

Lol getting there. I was going to get another one thursday....but now I am not so sure..

Gouramis don't do well with other gourami's-can be very territorial or mean to each other. I wouldn't recommend another. How big is your tank?

Ryan_waite said:
it is a 36 bowfront

My gourami was nuts, it would swim really fast in the same cycle over and over. Through the plants, slip behind the heater, and dart behind the filter intake. Very interesting to watch.

Back
Top Bottom