Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickie

Aquarium Advice Regular
My rainbow shark is big now an is bullying my 2 silver dollars. Now I either have to get rid of my rainbow shark or silver dollars please help me with this decision.

The silver dollars are still small and the rainbow shark is about 4 inches long

Your fish will be stunted and will die in that tank
I don't care if they're small now they'll get bigger
Much bigger and need a matching tank- in other words will need 125+ gallons or a new home with a tank 125+ gallons if possible
You can also most likely give them to your LFS

Lfs ? And that's why I started this thread which ones would be better in my 20 gallon so don't get so snappy with me I just asked for some help.

Nickie said:
Lfs ? And that's why I started this thread which ones would be better in my 20 gallon so don't get so snappy with me I just asked for some help.

I'm sorry for seeming rude
LFS is local fish store
You could have a nice little community in that tank depending on what you wanted
I'd try to rehome either of the fish as soon as possible so that there are no injuries

Rainbow sharks do best in a tank of at least 50 gallons in my opinion. They need space to make territories and will most likely chase fish away from their established areas. If the tank is too small it will claim the entire tank as its territory. Rainbow sharks are one of my favorite fish, they are very interesting when given the space they need.

emerald76 said:
I'm sorry for seeming rude
LFS is local fish store
You could have a nice little community in that tank depending on what you wanted
I'd try to rehome either of the fish as soon as possible so that there are no injuries

I just transported them today to a 55 gallon tank they are very happy kow

Back
Top Bottom