Help guys! Two of my angles died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heres a pic of my tank so far not the best layout no, sugesstions would be nice! As well as it goes for my corys i have 20 of them!!!! Yet they have laid more eggs!! Omg did not know i had that many at all!! Also picked up 6 angel fishes at the store this morning, also the water is quite murky for some reason??? My water tests have been stable and perfect but two angles died, the rest are gasping for air.... do i need an air bubbler in there? What do i do? Ahh!!! ?????????

And what are your tank stats? PH, nitrates, temp etc.
This was taken today before i did another water change since since the water seemed murky, temp is set on 78 degrees, currently at 77° atm. As for acculimation i used a dripper, while the bag was in the water.
1483704477393.jpg

Attachments

• 1483704477393.jpg
    1483704477393.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 69
Angelfish are sensitive to drastic changes in water chemistry. It could be PH shock if the stores water PH is different than yours. Did you test the water they came in? Not much you can do but hope they make it. Extra air can't hurt.

Murky water is a bacteria bloom, usually brought on by overcrowding, inadequate filtration and/or too much organic material. Could very well be the filter hasn't been cleaned in a while. Extra water changes and a good cleaning usually help.

Those look good? Are your fish still gasping?
What size is the tank? The more info provided[stock,age,history if any?] the more appropriate the answers can be.
Cloudy water is a bacterial imbalance that often takes care of it self. The filter has to catch up...This does not happen fast, think cycling....
It is most often caused by overloading the bio filter by overfeeding. Even if the fish eat all the food, the waste must still be dealt with.
Do you vacuum when you change water. The cloudiness is not harmful except to the eye...
If it turns green then it is algae and you need to cut lighting.

Those look good? Are your fish still gasping?
What size is the tank? The more info provided[stock,age,history if any?] the more appropriate the answers can be.
Cloudy water is a bacterial imbalance that often takes care of it self. The filter has to catch up...This does not happen fast, think cycling....
It is most often caused by overloading the bio filter by overfeeding. Even if the fish eat all the food, the waste must still be dealt with.
Do you vacuum when you change water. The cloudiness is not harmful except to the eye...
If it turns green then it is algae and you need to cut lighting.

Exactly why im posting here just very confused with whats going on... i turned off my co2 system and seems like they are doing alot better not at the top anymore, seems like they are steessed out. Swimming around agaisnt the tanks glass and still breathing a bit rapidly, not sure of the age, one of them is an bigger one the others are small, and it is a 55 gal

Back
Top Bottom