HELP!!!how to catch fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coalcut

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 340 gallon African tank. Yeasterday I looked in my tank and said' Hay, where'd those little fish come from"). Looks like someone had babies, however I don't know which one (didn't notice before). So, I grab my net with extention (36in tall tank) and quickly notice there is know way I am going to catch any of these fry with a net. The fry were hiding under/between rocks and were really fast. I also tried' I also tried to use my syphon hose but it didn't workout (fry just went to hide) It looks like thee are only 4-5 in there for now.

Any suggestions on how to catch them?
Any chance of them surviving?

If you have a 340gal african cichlid tank didn't you notice the one fish not eating for a few weeks? Thats an indication she's "holding"

Cichlid Kid said:
If you have a 340gal african cichlid tank didn't you notice the one fish not eating for a few weeks? Thats an indication she's "holding"

There are quite a few fish in the tank and no I did't notice one of them not eating for a few week.

I use my syphon hose. My mollies had babies and it was taking forever to catch with the net. Gave up and went about doing a pwc. Worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom