Help! Something looks stuck in my blue acara's mouth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obesesheephead

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I came home today to find my blue acara with something lodged in it's mouth. I'm not sure what it might have swallowed. Should or could I do anything about this?

Attachments

• maramouth.jpg
    maramouth.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 159
I'm not sure how big a fish like that is but if it's possible to net it and very gently move it around to see if it's just stuck, hopefully it's not penetrating his skin, you have no clues on what it might be?? How's it acting otherwise?

what was in the aquarium with it?it might be a tankmate.

looks like some type of twisted wire attached to something...what does it look like to you? need a better picture.

it was definitely a roach's head. It coughed it up earlier today. I have no idea where it came from, and I can't find the rest of the body.

Attachments

• 2011-05-10_00.44.37_edit0.jpg
    2011-05-10_00.44.37_edit0.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 108
OMGosh thats disgusting!!! Well I guess better that than some type of metal or something. Thanks for updating us.

I knew it! LOL! That's so gross...but fascinating all at the same time. Hope he's OK!

The Blue Acara is a predatory fish that feeds chiefly on worms, insects and crustaceans in the wild.
Not sure why it doesn't say roaches...;)

Back
Top Bottom