Help stocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey!
I was just wonderng, can I put Angelfish and neon tetras together, if I provide th angelfish wih live food? Currently I have 10 neon tetras in a 24 gallon tank and I want to add more fish after cycling has finished. I also thinking about Gouramis. What gouramis are good with the neons and easy for beginners? And any idea about cleaner fish?

Someone just lost 30 neons to some angel fish, this is not a good idea. Gouramis are a fine fish, but be careful, as they will fight among themselves (depending on all sorts of circumstances).
And any idea about cleaner fish?
As long as you know the cleaner fish will only eat left over food, there are many choices. I love the small varieties of plecos--clowns, rubber lip/face, bulldogs. Cories are also a good choice. If you need an algae keeper, that's a different story :wink:

So what other fish can I have that go with Gouramis and Angelfish? Are there any Barbs I can get as pairs (not groups) that will be compatible?

I really reall want neons and angelfish, but obviously I can't. Is there an angelfish alternative? Also, how do kissing gouramis go in a community tank?

Back
Top Bottom