Help!!! What kind of eggs???!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yogi28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys this is the second time that these eggs appear I don't know what's laying them. They might be ADF the filter might have pushed them on the glass. They were in the exact same spot as last time. They are stuck on the glass like I would need a razor blade to get them off and yes there two snails. Mystery and a Nerite.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130322_213032.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130322_213032.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20130322_213125.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130322_213125.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 61
Hey guys this is the second time that these eggs appear I don't know what's laying them. They might be ADF the filter might have pushed them on the glass. They were in the exact same spot as last time. They are stuck on the glass like I would need a razor blade to get them off and yes there two snails. Mystery and a Nerite.

What fish do you have in there?

They've been there a few hours. I have Cory's, neon tetras, balloon Molly's, hatchetfish, guppies, and a swordtail and the rest mentioned above

The Cory's are giving them the most attention

Hmm, again, they look to me like Cory eggs, my cories laid eggs a few days ago and those look similar.

Looked it up online that's exactly what it is. Did they purposely lay them right in front of the strong current of the filter?

As far as I know, yes, they did. The eggs need to be in a current to help prevent fungus.

Are they plain white colored? Cuz only they should turn a tanish color of they're fertile.

But I guess you'll find that out in a couple days. But FYI, if you want them to live, you'll probably want to move the eggs to a different tank, or put them in a breeder net or box. Because when they're born, they are ridiculously tiny, and are a snack for just about aything else in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom