HELP.....Where can I buy white Bettas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mustangmikey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am located in Florida....willing to drive a reasonable distance..OR pay for shipping. Does anyone know where I can buy white bettas?

Just got back from serving 2 tours in Iraq and need to buy myself a pair....:bowl:

Last edited:
And of course there's always AquaBid.com. They usually have a good selection of Bettas.

Where are my manners. Welcome back from Iraq, thanks for keeping us free.

Thanks for all your help. It's great being back. I just hate to see Bettas in tiny cups at the pet store and prefer that be stopped. Most of them are sick...over or under fed in nasty water.

Yes! Welcome home! Thank you for what you do!

Also as Roka mentioned you may want to remove your email address from the post above...if you can't edit it or have any issues please let one of us know and we will take care of it for you.

Thanks for all your help. It's great being back. I just hate to see Bettas in tiny cups at the pet store and prefer that be stopped. Most of them are sick...over or under fed in nasty water.

I am there with ya, Mikey! Welcome home, BTW!! Thanks for your great work!
Anyway, I am in North Carolina and was able to find a female white betta at my lfs. She is beautiful and has blue eyes! I have also seen a couple of beautiful white males at my local Petsmart.
I agree...It hurts me to go in a petstore (whether small or large) and see the bettas in those small cups. That is how I have ended up with three males and two females. Now, I just have to pass by with my eyes closed. I will attach a picture of my white female betta for you to see.....enjoy and I hope you find one of your own soon! :)

Well U have better will power then me...LOL I have a 4 bedroom house and I am single. Now one of the former bedrooms is a "betta room" :) 4 males and 2 females. I am getting the urge to breed them but I better not start..

Well U have better will power then me...LOL I have a 4 bedroom house and I am single. Now one of the former bedrooms is a "betta room" :) 4 males and 2 females. I am getting the urge to breed them but I better not start..

Yeah...I did some research into what it takes to breed them and then take care of the young afterwards and decided not to go that route. I can't imagine having 300-500 cups in my house to keep them separated in....then I would be back in the same boat as I try to keep them out of in the first place. I have decided to just enjoy the ones I have and not breed them.

They sure are a pretty fish and so many varities. I am trying like heck to find white ones. I tend to spoil all my pets. Otherwise why have them?

true, very true. I moved my Bert to a 10g that he shares with three peppered cories and I pretty much spoil him. But, he returns the favor. Whenever I am doing maintenance on his tank he is so very friendly. He will rub up against my hand/arm/finger....whatever I have in the tank at the time. I think it is his way of saying thanks ;). He is just so sweet, even if he does harrass the cories from time to time. I just added a few new plants to the tank yesterday and he was so funny. He kept swimming around them looking at them and and then at me like he was saying.....did I approve of this addition first. Funny....

The Bettas sure have a personality! Everytime they see me they think I am the chef. If I fed them all they wanted they would weigh 300 lbs... And I have never seen one interested in joining a gym...LOL

Back
Top Bottom