Help with disassembling filter intake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello!

Can someone please tell me how to get this apart. I can not for the life of me figure out how. I watched a video and the did it so easily he didn't even have to explain it hahaha yet I cannot figure it out.

Thank you in advance!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1476232997926.jpg
    1476232997926.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
What kind of filter is this? Can you share the link to the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry! It's the strainer part to the fluval 306. The video is just a guy cleaning the entire filter. Doesn't much explain about the strainer. But here's the vid https://youtu.be/IRgjTFU5gHY

No problem!
The piece that you are holding...is the plastic white ball in it? If not, then it appears that it is an intact piece. The long tube will attach to the top of the piece and the ball + strainer will attach to the bottom of it. Hope that makes sense.
A pipe cleaner of the appropriate diameter can be used to clean the intake and return plumbing.

Yes there is a white ball inside and I can't get it apart! Not that I have to but .. haha

Yes there is a white ball inside and I can't get it apart! Not that I have to but .. haha

Probably "sealed" so one does not loose the ball. Just run hot water through it to remove any slime/film.

Back
Top Bottom