Unhealthy betta ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aliB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I noticed that my betta fins are not looking like these used to, I tried taking a close photo, can you please tell me how bad is it ? And apart from regular water changes what else can I do to stop the rotting and help the fish back in form ?

Thanks !!

Attachments

• 20231203_193929.jpg
    20231203_193929.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 9
Those decorations look a little sharp. The betta might be catching its fins and tearing them. Run a piece of nylon over the decorations, if it snags on anything then remove the decoration.

Clean water will help with healing up so up the water change frequency. You could consider adding some aquarium salt to help prevent any infection setting in. 1 rounded tablespoon per 5 gallons, if you see no improvement after a week, double the dosage. Remember to add in more salt in proportion to any water changes.

Adding to Aiken's suggestions, what are you feeding the fish? Bettas should get a nice variety of foods ( protein and vegetable matter). Good nutrition and clean water does a wonders for Bettas. (y)

Hello,

This is what I am giving to my Betta

Attachments

• 20231205_082102.jpg
    20231205_082102.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom