Help with pH, please (in a hurry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the first of all. Thank you all for your help. My new tank's PPM is 370. It seems quite high. In fact, the water is really marky, plus it got darker after I added a second driftwood (new, rinsed it with boiling and fresh water for about 30-45 minutes). That is my current concern. Since, the water is so dark, and I don't think a water change is suitable right now, and using a product clarifier would probably also be "too much". I do think adding products at will is just like taking antibiotics for colds and any discomfort that arises. Basically, I don't want to be dependant of dozens of chemicals for my tank. So, I changed all carbon filters before I went to bed. It is still dark, arguably darker since the driftwood takes time to leak.

Anyway, the fish were fine last night, except the cory (as I said I had 2 tanks, and I acclimated a cory from my 10gl to the 55gl) The cory isn't moving much. I have seen him swim fast from one corner of the tank to the other, but then he just laids on the bottom of the tank. He doesn't seem to be dying, but he is definitely not happy. He just lays there as if it was sleeping, but his eyes are wide open, and even moving from time to time. I think, I will just give him more time.

The Eels are hiding, in fact I will try to find them right now, to make sure they are fine, but from what I saw yesterday they were just fine.

Well, the first of all. Thank you all for your help. My new tank's PPM is 370. It seems quite high. In fact, the water is really marky, plus it got darker after I added a second driftwood (new, rinsed it with boiling and fresh water for about 30-45 minutes). That is my current concern. Since, the water is so dark, and I don't think a water change is suitable right now, and using a product clarifier would probably also be "too much". I do think adding products at will is just like taking antibiotics for colds and any discomfort that arises. Basically, I don't want to be dependant of dozens of chemicals for my tank. So, I changed all carbon filters before I went to bed. It is still dark, arguably darker since the driftwood takes time to leak.

Anyway, the fish were fine last night, except the cory (as I said I had 2 tanks, and I acclimated a cory from my 10gl to the 55gl) The cory isn't moving much. I have seen him swim fast from one corner of the tank to the other, but then he just laids on the bottom of the tank. He doesn't seem to be dying, but he is definitely not happy. He just lays there as if it was sleeping, but his eyes are wide open, and even moving from time to time. I think, I will just give him more time.

The Eels are hiding, in fact I will try to find them right now, to make sure they are fine, but from what I saw yesterday they were just fine.

I don't think there is a problem with this tank. The new carbon will help clarify the water. If you are referring to TDS with the 370ppm value there is nothing untoward. Your eyes are your best test kit. Observe fish behaviour and do a water change if you notice anything out of the ordinary. In time you will be able to tell when something is off. Live plants are great for aquarium ecosystems so consider those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I have quite a few plants there already. Altho I may consider getting some more, since the 55gl tank is so big, it makes my good old fern look like grass. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom