Hi I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jroe87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey so my first aquarium I started 4 months ago about. It's doing great! 80 gallon freshwater aquarium. I have a ton of fish rn because my fish are having babies upon babies upon babies. I have dalmatian Molly's white sail fin molly rainbow sharks plecos galore 2 different cichlids. Just added a blue lobster and fire eel and guppies and danios. Ordered ghost shrimp. Anyway what does it mean when your gourami switches from colors? I had 2 1 went missing before I got the eel and lobster btw. It wasnt doing so good tho. It was either stolen since it stayed a darker blue and then other one has well a mark on half its head I named him Harvey dent. Anyway Harvey changes color slot from dark blue with darker stripes to a pale blue and everything in between. No clue what this means and I thought it was my other gourami when he was darker but figured out it was still him when I saw the change before my eyes.

If you want to see my aquarium check out Daviroe photography on facebook.

Welcome to the community!

Which Gourami do you have? 3 Spot / Opaline? Generally the Gourami will be stressed / upset if you see the dark bars/lines. Happier ones will be pale blue (if this is the Opaline).

Having this many fish and with babies can get you having poor water conditions. You may want to increase water changes. See how the fish are dealing with each other.

Back
Top Bottom