How is my 20 gallon tank stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bnpleco

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon tank 2ft long 16 in wide and 18 in tall.

It has: 8 neon tetras, 2 red wag platys (breeders), 3 MM platys (breeders), 5 Fancy guppies (2 male 3 female), one female bristle nose pleco (albino), one l134 Leopard pleco. The tank is manly for the plecos but I wanted it to have color so I put everything else in both plecos have their own territory and like different foods. But the l134 is always in his cave I made out of drift wood and if the bn is hungry he will let him munch on i. Everyone gets. Along fine

image-3404426370.jpg

image-850317315.jpg

image-2115417567.jpg

image-3376530989.jpg

Attachments

• image-325637328.jpg
    image-325637328.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 59
What do you have for filtration and what is your water change schedule like?

I would say that provided you have a great filtration and a good water change schedule the only issue I see is the plecos. I really thing 20 gallons is just too small for 2 plecos, even smaller ones. They are waste machines and I think the recommendation for 1 of either of these is about 25-30 as a starting point.

My filter is for 55 gallons idk what it's called and I do a 25% weekly and I know that they are waste machines my lfs said its ok for me to do what I have I will do like a 1 gallon water Change where I just clean the gravel for poop where the plecos territory are

Seems ok to me... Yes it's a small tank for Pleco's but as the grow you would just have to rehome them.

Back
Top Bottom