How many bags of sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
So how many bags of 50 lb bags will I need for a 55 gallon tank jw buy sand in the morning

I don't know about sand, but with gravel you want about a lb. per gallon. Sand may take more. It also depends on the length and with of the bottom. You could probably do 2 and see if you want more.

I might just buy 3 for the heck of it Also which brand should I get its from lowes play sand or all purpose sand

You know I've bin looking for pool filter sand and you know I can't find it in lol so one bag of 50lb play sand would be good how high up did it come too cuz cichlids dig like crazy lol and I have big rocks

Word plus I might lose some in the process of cleaning the sand so I think 2 bags would be safe lol

Word plus I might lose some in the process of cleaning the sand so I think 2 bags would be safe lol

See I like my sand at 3" sloping to 4". That's why I reccomended 3 bags. Oh and look up "cleaning sand the easy way" on YouTube. It's the one with a bottle. It's sooooo much easier and it works!

I used 1 50lb bag of black diamond blasting sand in my 55g and 60lbs of caribsea black and white sand for cichlids with 1 50lb bag and a half bag of black diamond blasting sand in my 125g.. like mentioned depends on your liking

Hey y'all is washed plays sand good to buy it says on the bag not to use with aquariums but I think it's bs lol

Back
Top Bottom