How to breed snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

axolotlgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I want to breed snails for my Ceylon puffer, what kind do I get and do I just put them in his tank or make a separate one?

It's really up to you where you breed your snails. I would go with either MTS or ramshorn. pond snails will breed like mad regardless of where you put them. My personal choice would be the ramshorns but that's just because I like the way they look!

Ramshorn or pond for the puffer. You can just throw a bunch in a 5 gallon whatever with some plants and feed it. They should do what they do.

MTS, Malaysian trumpet snail, breed like crazy. My LFS gives them away usually as the breed so heavy. Only thing is they don't get very big. 1" long shell, but the snail itself is pretty small. But, they will multiply by 20x in a month.

MTS, Malaysian trumpet snail, breed like crazy. My LFS gives them away usually as the breed so heavy. Only thing is they don't get very big. 1" long shell, but the snail itself is pretty small. But, they will multiply by 20x in a month.
No good for puffers

Back
Top Bottom