How to clean off calcium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's the safest way to ged rid of a calcium stain? I have a fluval chi with out the filter with just a betta and the calcium is horrible! Any suggestions?

Usually just good old fashion scrubbing is the only safe way to get that kind of stuff off.

I guess I'll give it a go! Would you say that diluted vinegar water would be too unsafe?

If the fish is in there then yes it's unsafe, if not then you can use vinegar. Make sure you wash it out very well after thoughIf it's bad then diluted probably won't do much to it. I got a tank off CL and nothing put a dent in the buildup. It depends on how long it has been there though. The longer it has had to set in, the harder it will be to get off

I've found that there are very few stains that I couldn't get off with a razor blade and vinegar. What I would have to do at times is wet down paper towels or a sponge at let it soak directly on the buildup for awhile before it softened up.

Okay so as long as I rinse it well vinegar should be okay if i do end up using it? Ill definitely do the razor first.

Back
Top Bottom