how to get baby platy food in community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put my 6 week old baby platy in my 75 gallon yesterday, and when I fed my fish today, the bigger fishes ate all the food before the baby could get any! How can I get the food to the baby? Should I put her back in my 10 gallon until she is older?
Thanks,
-fishdude25

I would personally
What is the biggest fish in the aquarium? Also what is the stocking?

The biggest fish is a 4-5 inch (from top fin to bottom fin) angelfish. Total stocking for the 75 gallon is: 18 cardinal tetras, 11 panda corys, 10 harlequin rasboras, 6 ottocinclus, 2 male platys, 5 female platys, 2 bolivian rams, and the baby platy.

Definetly move it back to the ten gallon. The poor thing won't get any food with that stocking and some of the fish,mainly the angel, will eat it

Ok, I will move it back later tonight or tomorrow. The baby platy is nearly a full inch long, and i made sure it wouldnt be eaten before I put it in the big tank.
Thanks for your input, I greatly appreciate it!
-Fishdude25

I just put the baby back into the 10 gallon. Hopefully I can put her in the main tank in a few months or so.

I somehow managed to keep my 2 month old baby platy alive in my 36 gallon with 5 adult platies who eat like pigs. As many pregos as we have had, this is the first time we have had one make it all on his little own! We somehow managed to crush up enough flake food as fine as we could so enough got into the big leave plants we have that he hid into so he could eat without the others getting to it. Then we could sneak and crush up some more late at night when the lights were off so the others didnt see. Now hes two months old and we names him Junior(Wiggles jr. takes after his dad that is no longer with us RIP Wiggles) :p
We did just buy our first breeding net, and thank goodness we did because the next day Ill be darned if we didnt find a one day old baby platy in our 75 gallon with 5 Platys and 4 Balas! And he made it! So we scooped him up and now hes in the breeder net where we can keep him safe.
maybe you can get one of those to put the babies in? We never wanted to put the mother in one of those, so we hope to maybe be able to save a few hear and there when we see them after theyre born

Ok, I will move it back later tonight or tomorrow. The baby platy is nearly a full inch long, and i made sure it wouldnt be eaten before I put it in the big tank.
Thanks for your input, I greatly appreciate it!
-Fishdude25

You're welcome!:)

Back
Top Bottom