Hydrogen Peroxide dosage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruffers99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey Peeps, so I have a bunch of brown beard algae on a large piece of drift wood that I have in the tank. I am going to do more regular wc's, but I want to treat the driftwood with HP. I have a large container that I was going to put the wood in, cover with water, add prime, then add HP, but how much should i add?
its the 3% type from cvs .. is it 5ml per gallon or stronger than that (as there is quite a bit on there)?

after I soaked it in this solution for a few hours? i was then going to change the water out for fresh de-chlorinated water and let it sit for a day or two.

thanks in advance for any help/comments

If you're going to soak the wood in a separate container, then use as much hydrogen peroxide as you like. The stuff becomes harmless after 10-20 minutes. Maybe a 50/50 solution.

Id really only worry about the dosage amount if I'm adding it directly into the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you're going to soak the wood in a separate container, then use as much hydrogen peroxide as you like. The stuff becomes harmless after 10-20 minutes. Maybe a 50/50 solution.

Id really only worry about the dosage amount if I'm adding it directly into the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yep ok thanks .. i am going to be soaking this in a large 10G tub, so I wasn't sure. dont know if I will get 5G of HP though. so it may be less than that. hopefully it will be enough to kill it.

Back
Top Bottom